Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend in review

Happy Monday!  I loathe Monday's!!!!!!  So Friday I get a phone call around 11am from my babysitter telling me M is pretty sick.  Can't breath, isn't eating, coughing constantly and it's making him vomit.  I left work to go get him and take him home.  The pedi's office told me I could give him some Mucinex for all the coughing/drainage.

So you know we still don't have a car, since some *&&%%*&* stole ours several months ago.  I hoped on the bus to go to Jay's school to borrow my friends car to get M from the sitters.  There isn't a bus close to my sitters house and I wasn't about to pay $30 for a cab, or walk with a sick kid.  So my friend was letting me borrow her car, she's been my lifesaver.  Anyway I get to school grab her keys and as I am walking away from the building I hear someone say Ma'am.  I turn around and it's one of the ladies from the office that I know pretty well.  I greeted her and she walked up beside me and said "Be careful walking to your car, we are going on lockdown, so hurry up and just be careful!"  I was like WTF?  I asked her what was going on and she just said again, walk quick and be careful!  As I was walking down to the car I passed a class of kids, walking back inside with their teacher.  As I passed them another teacher yelled outside to her that the school was on lockdown and there was an intruder alert.  The kids starting running inside.  I get in the car and pull off to get M.  I am FREAKING.THE.HELL.OUT!  I just left my baby girl and the school possibly had an intruder.  I just wanted my baby.  But at that point they weren't letting anyone in or out and I was stuck because I had to get my sick little boy and I didn't want to leave my baby girl.  UGH.  Anyway I get M and while I was at the sitters a friend from school called me to let me know that there was an attempted abduction from the playground but from what they knew it was a family issue.  Ok that calmed me a little bit but not a lot.  I knew Jay wasn't on the playground, but what if this crazy guy was roaming the halls with a gun or something.  People are crazy!!!!  My friend kept me updated.  They ended up being on complete lockdown for about 20 minutes, they stayed on lockdown for 90 minutes, but it wasn't a complete hiding lockdown the whole time, just no one in, no one out.  When I picked Jay up from school I found out that the whole story of the attempted abduction was a lie brought about by a 8th grader who got caught skipping school.  Thankfully the kids where never in any danger.  But I would love to get my hands on this 8th grader, the whole school for the first 20 minutes of lockdown was hiding in their classrooms.  HIDING!  My daughter was terrified as she hide under the coat rack in the back of her room for 20 minutes.  GRRRR

Saturday and Sunday went about the same, cleaning, cooking, and chilling.  We went no where and did nothing outside.  It was cold and dreary.  M is still a bit sick, runny nose, cough, and not eating much.  Here's hoping for a good week for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment